Friday, December 19, 2008

These vagabond shoes...

Yo, yo, yo what is up?

I'm still in New York and will be for over a week.
In fact, today is the half way point of my little adventure but that is just a random fact.

Wednesday was a slow day and I could discuss in great detail in about a paragraph.
I headed off to try and get some tickets in the Wicked Lottery, once again I didn't get them (oh, my day will come, it will come) but on the way back I went to a shop and purchased some socks and a laundry bag.
For yes, Wednesday was the day I did my laundry!
Washing was done. 2 loads. MY ENTIRE BAG!
So now all my clothes are clean. It's a good feeling.
That was pretty much my day, I also watched some TV and internetted it up. I made friends with a Kiwi while bitching to the TV. Lovely guy, didn't see him again.

Thursday a lot more interesting things happened.
So, I woke up, had a shower and as I was leaving the bathroom heard this massive siren, I figured it was a siren going past. Oh, I was wrong. It was the fricken fire alarm!
We had no idea what was going on, but I had fun talking to the people in my room as a result. I made two videos of the event. One of them is dedicated to Sam and really, I mean directed at Sam. The other one is much funnier.
It wasn't a drill, there were fireman down on the street (that is mainly what the video is of, with some commentary by me).
I still have no idea where or what the fire was, if at all. So yeah, couldn't have been that bad!

Then onwards I went on my New York adventures. I was going to go out to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, but the plan changed and once again I was hanging around Midtown, oh well it is an awesome place but still, there is more to the city!
But alas, that must wait for another day.

I went back to the Rockefeller Centre, the place where it kind of started. I did the NBC tour, I got to see the news room and the SNL studios, saw no one of note but saw a lot of the studios. I got a photo at the desk, purchased said photo and then lost it. Oh, annoying. Very annoying.
I got a stand by ticket for a filming of Late Night with Conan O'Brien, but I wasn't early enough to get it and didn't actually make it in to the studio. I am going to try again on Monday.
The NBC store is actually kind of cool, I was tossing up whether to get a Jerry Springer Security Shirt because that is funny, but they have a whole bunch of random stuff. It was great!
While waiting between the NBC tour and Late Night, I wandered around Rockfeller Plaza and found the FDNY fire safety place, I don't really know what it was, I know there was a fire truck a whole bunch of patches and available merch. It was cool. I sat in a fire truck!
Yay!

Yesterday, certainly was a fireman filled day.
For the record, Samantha Louise Giles Jones. STOP STARTING FIRES! Or atleast I need to break the connection. Or learn something new in sign language to tell people.

Oh, onwards!
Yesterday isn't finished!
I got my Toronto Maples Leafs jeresy (that isn't my mispelling) from the NHL store, this morning I found I could have gotten 15% off it but oh well, I have the jersey now.

Once again I tried for the Wicked Lottery, didn't get it. Went to see All My Sons instead. All My Sons you may recgonise as the play Katie Holmes is in. Katie Holmes, John Lithgow, Dianne Weist and the dude that played the brother in the season of Dexter.
It was good, Katie Holmes managed to hold her own against Dianne Weist and John Lithgow, but those two were absolutely fantastic.
The show is depressing, but it was good.
It also happened to be Katie Holmes birthday, so there was a cake and the crowd sang Happy Birthday. So yes, I have now sang happy birthday to Katie Holmes. That is weird. Tom Cruise wasn't there, but he did get a shout out in supplying the cake. John Lithgow did the shouting out.

Talking of Katie Holmes and more specifically Dawson's Creek. I think I also saw the dude that played Henry in the third season of Dawson's Creek. If not, his Doppleganger is very convincing.

More achieved photo challenges:
Smurf Penis
Hi five with someone that looks important
A university that is a twin to UWS

I remember getting more things than that.
I'm getting the anthems tonight.

Oh, Photo Challenge. I shall beat you! Beat you good!

Oh, tonight! HOCKEY!

I meant to go on about what I did today. Yes, today was Grand Central Station day!
I spent most of the day there, but there was lots of snow and I was getting blinded as I walked.
Not so much the cold, purely the action of snow in my eye. Think of the song "Smoke in my Eyes". It's a jazz standard. Surely, you've heard it.
Oh curses to you.

Anyways, time go as my time is running out and I don't have my wallet it on me to add some.

This keyboard sucks and I miss my spellcheck.

'til next time!

1 comment: