Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Back in the Homeland!

And of course I meahn Toronto Canada.
I have internet access again and I'm blogging because I tapped out of the pub crawl early tonight. The others are still out and a-boot town. Ha.
I'll stop that.

So, where have I been?

Yesterday was in Itacha, which is upstate New York. 'tis a college town with the college of note being Cornwell. I've heard of that onr with my pop culture references.
Itacha also featured some lovely wine tastings. I don't care much for wines, though I was considering getting some for Alex has his present but then I realised I have no idea the type of wine he drinks and all that, so poor Brother Goose remains wineless from Itacha. There was a store called Mother Goose. I was almost gonna get a picture, but I didn't.

Have I mentioned how damn awesome my new camera is?
It is! I love it! Thanks for those who helped me convince myself that's the one I needed it.

Ok, back to my adventures last night. It was a hotel room! It was great! A double bed to myself and non communal showers. Sometimes it's just the little things.
It also made up for the 20 minute walk in the snow home from the pub last night, after I lost spectactularly to the wolf man (who seems to beat me in everything. It's annoying)

The tour has been going great. There are 10 people in the group with 7 Aussies, 2 guys from the UK and a girl from Japan. Good mix. We are very amusing. On the bus rides the back seat bandits have been playing cards. It does make the trip go faster. Some interesting strategies happening.

But today! Today was action packed!
Today, I started the day with some Dunkin Donuts. With a delicous bagel and the worst hot chocolate in the history of the world. This was after the shop smelt so strongly of coffee... I hate that smell, but anyways, everything is so sweet. It's frustrating, but oh well.

Today, was Niagara falls!
NIAGARA FALLS!
IN THE SNOW!
Everything was covered in snow and just all white and when we got there it was raining so in the saturated person at Niagara falls that was me. I was absolutely soaked by the time I got back to the bus.
But man, they are very spectactular and just seeing all the mist rise from the river. It's very cool.
My favourite part was in the river there were trees/logs and they had fallen over and it had snow all on it and with the water going over it had frozen into icicles! Even has the massive river flowed down the falls, it still froze, but most of it wasn't frozen over.
Considering how many frozen lakes and rivers we went over the Niagara was impressive as well.
I have lots of photos.

Once again there was a squirell moment. It isn't just me fascinated with the squirrells Wolf man and Matty just as fascinated and they got way more pictures than me. But squirells are cool. They run in the snow and yeah, It's a novelty thing, by the end of this I'm sure I'll be very blase about squirells.

Another hour and a half in the bus, we were back in my homeland. The mighty land of Toronto, Ontario in Canada. Haven't seen much, just went out for dinner at a bier markt. Lots of Bier and then went out drinking, not me, I tapped out early and am doing the internet thing and then will go to bed for have a big day tomorrow. I believe there will be a visit to the laundry room! As well as to the CN Tower and the Hockey Hall of Fame.
Good times and then on to Montreal.

Onwards!
'til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment