Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I left my heart in San Francisco

I wonder how many songs actually feature San Francisco?
Thankfully, I should last through my adventure here.

So, San Fran, hey?
It's odd.

Last night I had a room to myself. It was great! So great! Oh, how I missed privacy! It did only last the one night, for when I returned to my room this evening there were people in there. Oh well, one night worked. Only 2 more sleeps til home time! Well, three if I can get to sleep on the plane.

But let us not talk of the future or the present, but the past or the recent past...

I started the day by making myself pancakes. They were delicious and it was amusing to see the instructions on the wall for those who had never made pancakes before. This hostel as an all you can make pancake breakfast. Thankfully pancakes is one of the three dishes I can make, pancakes, pasta and French Toast. I actually had two of those today! Though, I didn't make the pasta, I just ate it. For lunch!

I made the silliest packing decision. Oh, I won't need my sunglasses, It's going to be winter. That was a stupid move! STUPID! I was blinded by the sun today. My glasses do tint, but it is nothing! Nothing! I had to buy sunglasses and in traditional style they cost me $15. I really only need them to last 3 days, so if they are crap so be it. If they aren't they will be added to my sunglasses list which now consists of three pairs. Good times.

Weather was good, all that was required was a jacket, that is my kind of winter!

Today I mainly wandered the streets of San Francisco (That being the TV series with Michael Douglas... Another pop culture reference). I got very, very, very lost. See, this is what happens when you decide to head to a place called Sunnydale. Seriously, it was a place called Sunnydale!
That was very excited.
Ok, if no one understands that pop culture reference please say so now, upon my return you will be taught. Oh, you will be taught.

This was a bad move, and I decided this when it started to look very deserted and very dodgy, so I got in a taxi and headed in the right direction, which is easier to do once someone knows the right direction. The cabbie was the best cabbie ever, or more likely it is easier to try and extend the journey than drive around and hope some hails the journey, it's a money thing. So, I ended up going to the Golden Gate bridge as well. There was lots of fog, it was very pretty. I have photos! (Yes, Mary, you will be forced to sit through them well at the moment,you appear to be wanting to do it of your own free will. That's nice of you)

Eventually I ended up in Pier 39. I wandered. Mainly shops, they were fun shops. I bought shirts!
And don't worry Megan, the tradition lives on. Are you as excited as I am about that?
Things I also bought, I bought a keyring for Jose.
You know Jose right? Jose El Basso, bass extraordinaire!
It is for his case.

There was lots of wandering. My feet hurt.
I got my ticket for the Alcatraz Ferry, hopefully I can do that tomorrow and I'll explore Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 in the daylight. Pier 39 being famous for the Sea Lions or seals, whichever and they aren't good to see in the dark.

I got the Cable Car back home and stopped to look in at Borders on the corner. I now have my 2009 Calender, that's exciting and I bought a Word Nerd book, which is awesome.
Though, in Borders, I once again crossed paths with the pig catapult. Oh, pig catapult. I remember you and how you combined with Davey almost blinded me at 2005 State Mass. Yes, I still go on about it, I was traumatised! TRAUMATISED! (Pictures are available. Please enquire at the desk).
There was also a crazy cat lady action figure and a Jesus Action figure, I was thinking about getting that for my desk at work. Any one have any thoughts on that?

Hmmm...
Anyways, shopping is fun in San Fran.
Goodbye Elyse's money!

'til next time loyal viewers!


Hey, my spelling is getting better! Only one mistake and one typo! That is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment