Monday, December 15, 2008

I paid extra money for this post!

Yes, you heard it here first.
I put it in an extra dollar to write this blog.

And since they take more than 10 minutes to write and I am talking to a few people it might be a quick one.

Have I talked about Stowe?
Well, summed up quickly- Snow, snow, snow, Ben and Jerry's tour, a brewery and lots of Karaoke! Stowe is a slow town, it's a snow town. The snow fields were closed before we got there.

And then Boston!
I've really enjoyed Boston.
Tonight is actually not only my birthday but the final night of the tour, tomorrow is the drive to NYC and it all ends. My plan for tomorrow is to do my laundry. Adventure city my friends. Adventure city!

Then again, that isn't Boston.
Best thing about Boston?
No snow! It hasn't been cold at all. Today I actually went Jacket less and fancy free!
Yesterday, headed off to Fenway Park. That is where the Boston Red Sox play out of. No Baseball, just did the tour.
The tour wasn't all that excited, a very passionate guide though. He was very funny, but there is a lot of construction and renovations happening there, so it was a lot about the history, which is interesting.
After the tour headed off to the Boston Red Sox store across the road. That was a terrifying experience. They had heaps and heaps of merchandise! All kinds of things!
EVERYTHING you could think of.
It's ok, I have photos. Well, more of a video with some social commentary.
I bought a 2007 World Series flag. It cost me $2. Ok, that's why I bought it.

Then walked around Boston some more with the evening spent at an Open Mic comedy night. That was an interesting experience, very hit and miss. Interesting night.

The building that the Comedy night was in was an old bank and it is now called a "eating and drinking exchange". That amused me, but the comedy part was in the actual vault. So a bit of quirky fun there.

Boston is the home of the Revoluntionary War aka the War of Independence, so much history and that is what I did for my birthday.

Squirrel watch continues. Saw some on the way to Fenway Garden. They kind of hop, it's interesting.

Elyse's Birthday Adventures continue in blog form next time.

I have a minute left and need to sign off!

No comments:

Post a Comment