Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Birthday in Boston- Fun with alliteration

Things I really should be doing right now, my washing. Seriously! So much washing needs to be done!
Oh, well, too late for that now.

My days are starting to over take my updating. Thankfully, I have a freakishly good memory and some what of an uneventful day so I should be able to do the catching up.

When did I last report?
Stowe has had much reporting, which is very amusing considering the thing I mainly remember is all the calls for Tequilla shots but that's another story. At this point I want to point out that yesterday I was speaking to Brother Goose and he was shocked to discovered that my facebook picture currently has me drinking a beer and then asked me "WWJD". I'd be more concerned with the fact that picture is of me stealing the beer, but once again, I think it is best not to to get into Elyse's drinking adventures which are rather mild when compared to pretty much everyone else.

But back to the important things!
The 15th was a freakish day in terms of the tour I was on, the 15th was the last night out as well as not only my birthday, but the birthday of Matty, another dude on the tour. So a big night was in order, it didn't happen but later!

I slept in because dude it was my birthday and I could, when I awoke, no one else was around so it was Elyse's solo adventure in Boston. Not that I minded, it meant I was the master of my own domain.
I wandered around, in fact I got quite lost. There are some great old buildings around the town.
It should be noted that I'm pretty sure Boston is America's oldest or atleast one of the oldest. Though, it might just be old British settled. I'm not really sure, but it is quite old being settled around 1630 and so there is much history around.
Many of the historical sites revolve around the War of Independence and a lot of the sites are joined in the "Freedom Trail" which starts in the Boston Commons (a big park in the middle of town) and is marked out with a red line marked on the sidewalk.
My aim all day was trying to do the Freedom Trail! I started and went to a number of the sites, and I was distracted by other things a long the way and didn't get to finish the Freedom trail, but it was interesting.
I learnt more about the Revolutionary War and the whole Boston Tea Party. I actually got me some Boston Tea. Excellent souviner there. Well, I think.

Then there was out to dinner at a place called the Cheesecake Factory, which has an awesome name and is really the only reason I mention it and then there was cake! I didn't know there was going to be cake but it was damn good.
Then there was the night out, it being a Monday night, there wasn't much of a night life. Even in a town with about 50 Colleges, it didn't help but that could have been effected by the upcoming finals. So, once again I piked early and then headed to bed.

On my waking up, I packed my bags and headed to New York. The end of the tour and the start of my real chance to explore NYC.
That kind of happened. I went uptown today. I had lunch at Tom's Restuarant. That would be the Seinfield Restaurant, if anyone was curious and then further uptown to explore Columbia University. Didn't really spend much time there, but I ticked another one off my list.

Then back to where I always end up in NYC, Times Square Theatre District. I missed the lottery for Wicked, so went to Avenue Q instead. Avenue Q was everything I expected and more! Very, very amusing.
For the record, yes I will try every day to get tickets to Wicked in the Lottery and if I don't succedd, I guess I will pay the much higher rate to get the tickets.
So, my wallet begs you, please send the good vibes my way!

Tonight, I also managed to go into the M&M store in Times Square. That place is crazy! Really, all the merchandise you think there is and then some! It is a little terrifying, but it's ok. I have pictures.
And some of the merch. The highlight- The M&M guitar. Yes, a guitar. An Electric guitar. Full size. I have pictures.

Not an action packed day today, but there is snow.
I'm hoping to explore probably Thursday. Tomorrow will be a slow day.

Grand Central Station is on the agenda. I'm excited about that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment