Sunday, December 28, 2008

If you are going to San Franisco...

Hey, hey.

Comin' at ya from the West Side. Word. Of the USA.
I'm in San Fran as we speak!
I arrived this afternoon, after having to get up at 5am after going to bed at 2am. That isn't fun, but I did it and as a result actually got an excellent sleep on the plane. Woo for that! It was good especially since there was not the same entertainment levels of my trip over, then again I had a book and it is an awesome book. Wicked, if you were interested. I bought it the other day, it is Wicked and Son of a Witch in the one volume, leather bound and all that, it's very pretty and quite cheap so yay for that!

So another hostel, this one is a 4 to a room and I have a top bunk which sucks. I hate top bunks, it's only three nights so it should be alright because ya high ceilings! It is an important detail when on a top bunk.

Haven't really done much, I'm really quite tired so just have been sitting back and what not. I did head out to the pirate shop and it was awesome! Very, very awesome!
Not so much with the purchasing because it is a front for a writing and tutoring place, so it has some things and it is awesomely set up. It is very cool. I love the posters that around the place. Really great.
There I got my dude in an eye patch and the same dude with a cannon above his head. I believe a cannon is fricken heavy! So take that photo challenge!
You WILL be defeated. Mark my words!

I had dinner at some odd Belgian place, for the record- Yes, I did go there purely because it was Belgian.

Not so much for the adventuring, though I did see quite a lot of the Mission District, that was an interesting place but they had the pirate shop which was awesome! Seriously, AWESOME!
I have some photos. People will be forced to sit through them. Who is excited about that?

Nothing really to report.
Oh, my last night in New York!
Headed out to Chinatown, took a wrong turn and ended up in little Italy. Yeah, figure that one out. I had dinner out in Chinatown and who doesn't love an $8 meal?
That $8 meal was then dwarfed by the fact that while trying to find a subway I found a wooden door with a velvet rope. Who was I to resist to pose with a velvet rope?
I was getting ready to pose when the door mysteriously opened. Yes, it was a bar! A swanky New York Bar. It was both swanky and ridiculously expensive. Two drinks cost $23. Not cool, but amusing, it seemed full with many pretentious types which no signage and a velvet rope would indicate this would be the case so why I'm shocked I don't know.
It was interesting.

That was the last bar of the evening and then headed home to do some final packing before needing to get to the airport at 7am.

Nothing too exciting happening yet, but three days more.
The trip is winding up, hasn't seemed that too long ago that I was getting everything ready.
Time certainly does fly.

8 more to go on the photo challenge.
Take that!

1 comment:

  1. Hey elyse...mary again

    as i had discussed with you previously, i am extremely excited about exploring/presenting/discussing said photos. can't wait to hear the stories of all the photos...and the stories of the squirrels. But hopefully i won't be forced to sit through them :P

    Oh, and just thought you'd like to know that Australia suck! we're losing to South Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete