Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Elyse is coming back from San Franciso

Hey, that one is still a song! Thank you Google!

So this is the end. This will be my last post from overseas as I doubt very much I will get some computer access between now and reaching home.
I am sure that I will post once more for this trip and this blog will then remain dormant until the next time I need to flee whether that be to Spain, whether for good or for just a little bit. Only time will tell.
Thank you all for reading and commenting, whether those comments be on the site or actually to me or via others or whatever.
I hope you have enjoyed Elyse having be fleeing the country.

Today I pretty much finished the list for what I could do of which I add a hearty "Take that! Davey, Adam and those who added to it but I don't know which specifically because I am not that good and your name isn't at the top of the list!"
There are three that remain, two of which will be taken through other means, it is helpful to know people and the last will be the last of the list and will be taken tomorrow as I flee yet another country to return home.
Yes, home, not to my homeland. I can see where you can get confused. Though, if we go home is where the heart is then according to the song lyrics that will be San Francisco. This will teach me a valuable lesson about living my life through the lyrics of music.

As of now I'd like to bade a farewell to two items of clothing that won't be returning to Australia. That have made a noble sacrifice, so that others could see brighter places. Elyse's bag has mainly been packed or at least the one she thought she would struggle with. Elyse has spent too much time writing facebook status' and is now talking in the third person.

What of today?
The day that my readers will associate with yesterday. Timezones- like time travel, but not as cool as a TARDIS.
I saw lots of pirate things.
Boston and San Fran both have a lot of Pirate merch, yet the Pirates are in Pittsburgh!

Today I planned my great escape to Alcatraz! Did it happen?
No!
Tickets are hard to get buy and the ticket I bought last night doesn't actually stop at the island, so it was a cruise around the Bay. That was very pretty and it had a track to narrate it, Captain Nemo. From 2000 Leagues Under the Sea, not what Nemo the clown fish grew up to be. It was amusing.
So yeah, a cruise around the Bay, got to see the Golden Gate Bridge up close and went really, really close to Alcatraz. Apparently the tour is boring anyway and it is "just a building", which means that the place is poorly interpreted because Alcatraz isn't a piece of brilliant architecture it's significance and importance comes from the history behind it and more importantly it's geography giving it a hard place to access. That's what is interesting! The stories and the tour should convey that.
Oh, woah...
The tourism comes out sometimes in very strange places.
Ok, mainly in tourism places. I have a degree in this, I know what I'm talking about!

Though, let's move on to a very significant fact. Hey Megan, this is for you!
Alcatraz?
It has a longer Spanish name which means "Island of the Pelicans". Doubly painful for you!
Ha! Well, it amused me.

I wandered around Fisherman's Wharf, saw lots of crabs in the Fisherman's grotto, didn't get any of their wares though but I saw it!
I did get some crab cake sandwich on sourdough, it was good. I felt it was kind of San Fransiscian, according to spellcheck that isn't a word. Oh well.

Near Fisherman's Wharf there was a Wax Museum that I visited, it was odd. Wax figures are kind of creepy, but the big "60 Years in San Francisco" sign won me over. Oh, who am I kidding, the main reason was purely to get that last item on the list. A Celebrity doing something shamelessly. Done and dusted my friends, done and dusted!
They had a religions of the world section which funnily enough featured Jesus, that scene also featured a squirrel at Jesus' feet, which I am convinced isn't accurate but shows that even Jesus loves the squirrels.

Less squirrels but more oddities was Ripley's Believe it or Not. Strange place there, though they had a reworking of Vincent Van Gogh's self portrait made out of toast.
So, that was fun.

On the way home I saw a dude with a massive piece of cardboard that said "Gay Sex is a Sin... Repent" in massive writing with smaller writing about Jesus saving from lust and demonic something. He didn't yell, he just stood there with his sign. Odd place to protest and also, it was the gay sex, not the gayness that was the sin. Oh religious nuts... How quaint.

My bag full of what I have purchased has once again been rearranged to fit all my stuff.
Tomorrow it comes to an end.

It's been fun, but I miss my people, I miss my room, I miss not having to get dressed in the path room and not living from a bag! I will have a room to myself! I will be able to see the time without having to try and find my watch and I won't have to worry about all the noise I make! I can watch Dawson's Creek, I won't have to pay for the internet (Mum and Dad will, but shhh). Oh, to be home once more.

It is gonna be great!
One day more!

That's another song... just for the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment